Dangerous Goods Regulations DGR for Passenger Handling Personnel E-Learning
For personnel listed in Appendix H 6.4 of the IATA DGR | Persons responsible for Handling cargo in wharehouse, Loading and loading device and loading and unloading cargo compartments
A safe and efficient air transport system is dependent on a competent workforce, meaning that you must be trained in the functions for which you are responsible – whether or not this is noted in your job title. IATA recognizes that this is best achieved through a Competency Based Training and Assessment approach (CBTA), and therefore this course has been designed following the new Dangerous Goods Training Guidelines on CBTA principles in the IATA DGR appendix H.
This interactive course will guide you in the tasks and responsibilities to ensure that you are competent to perform your job function in compliance with the provisions of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) - appendix H 6.4 (Persons responsible for cargo in warehouse, loading and loading unit load device, and loading and unloading cargo compartments), fulfil your dangerous goods training requirements and be in full compliance with the regulations.
- This self-study e-learning course requires approximately 6 hours of study.
What you will learn
- Identify and classify dangerous goods.
- Interpret hazard communication.
- Detect hidden dangerous goods in cargo and mail.
- Implement cargo pre-loading procedures.
- Implement transporting loading and unloading cargo/baggage to and from aircraft.
- Explain the basic Emergency Response procedures.
Who should attend
- Freight forwarder staff involved in the handling, storage and loading of cargo , mail or stores
- Operator and ground handling agent staff involved in handling, storage and loading of cargo , mail or stores
- Airline and cargo training specialists
- Operations managers and frontline supervisors
- Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions.
- Number of questions: 30.
- Time Allowance: 75 minutes.
- Passing Grade: 80% correct answers.
- Number of exam attempts: 2