Safety Management System Fundamental E-Learning
This self-study e-learning course has been developed to provide entrants to the aviation industry, including service providers, and airline frontline personnel, with an overview and understanding of the key principles and concepts associated with Safety Management Systems (SMS). As an outcome of this training, learners will acquire the necessary knowledge, skill and attitudes to support their organization’s SMS and increase aviation safety.
- This self-study e-learning course requires approximately 2 hours of study.
What you will learn
- Describe the Regulatory Framework and industry best practices relevant to Safety.
- Summarize the fundamental elements of a safety management system.
- Explain the organizational nature of accidents and incidents.
- Summarize the 4 components of an SMS.
- Relate the 4 components and 12 elements of a SMS.
- Regulatory requirements and Industry best practices in SMS
- Organizational accidents and incidents models
- Safety policy and objectives
- Safety risk management
- Safety assurance
- Safety promotion and training
Who should attend
- Newly hired airline staff
- Airline frontline personnel and support staff
- Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions.
- Number of questions: 20.
- Time Allowance: 1 hour.
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers.
- Number of exam attempts: 2